Originally posted 2017-12-01 19:54:47.
15 easy DIY perfect homemade face mask that is extremely easy to make and use. Some of the face masks below also make a tasty treat so please do try the leftovers. Everyone’s skin is different, so please be sure to test the mask on a small area before applying to your entire face. Most of our DIY easy face mask requires 4 ingredients or less and some of those ingredients are in most households.
DIY easy face mask will save you a lot of money and time. Treating yourself to homemade mask will take up about 30 minutes or less of your time whereas going to a salon for a mask will take over an hour or more if there is a waiting time. You will also save a lot of money because most of your DIY easy face mask will cost about $3 or less, plus you get to eat the extra ingredients or save them for another day.
DIY EASY FACE MASK
1. Hydrating Avocado Mask
The avocado face mask is great to use after having fun for the day outdoors and works wonder on skin that is stressed-out.
1/2 ripe avocado
1 tsp plain yogurt
1 tsp honey
- Mash the avocado into a smoothish texture.
- Mix the yogurt and honey into the avocado mixture until it resembles the texture of paste.
- Apply the mask to your face and leave it on your face for about 10-15 minutes.
2. Vinegar Face Masks
Apple cider vinegar can be used for many things, but I did not think of using it as a skin toner. Apple cider vinegar will remove dead skin and reveal your healthy new skin.
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup water
- Mix the water and vinegar
- Apply the mixture to your face and let it dry.
- You can also mix 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar with 2 cups of water and apply it to your face after you wash your face. It will tighten your skin.
3. Egg White Mask
The proteins in egg white are great for oily skin because it tightens your pores and eliminates acne-causing bacteria. Orange juice contains vitamin C and turmeric contains skin brightening properties that can help even out skin tones and fade dark spots.
1 egg whites
1 tsp orange juice
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Whisk the egg white.
- Add the orange juice and turmeric to egg white and mix well.
- Apply the egg white mask to your face and leave it on for about 15 minutes before washing it off.
- The mask works better if you let it dries on your face before washing off.
- Please be careful because turmeric stains so wear old clothing when applying this face mask.
4. Milk Face Mask
Anyone can have a spa experience at home for a small fraction of what it cost at the spa. Enjoy your face feeling rejuvenated.
1/4 cup powdered milk
- Mix a small amount of water at a time into the 1/4 cup powdered milk until it becomes a thick paste.
- Apply the milk face mask to your face liberally.
- Leave the mask on your face until it completely dries before washing off with warm water.
5. Calming Honey Mask
Cinnamon is a beautiful spice that makes our food taste good. It also does wonder for our skin when applied topically because it reduces inflammation, reduces redness and absorbs oil. Lemon juice helps to exfoliate your skin and reduce dark spots.
2 tbsp pure honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1 slice/wedge of fresh lemon
- Warm the honey in the microwave with a microwavable safe bowl for about 10 seconds.
- Add the cinnamon to the honey and mix well.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon slice/wedge into the mixture and mix well.
- Apply the honey mask to your face.
- Leave the honey mask on your face for about 15-20 minutes before rinsing off.
6. Oatmeal Face Masks
Oatmeal helps your skin retain moisture and does not clog your pores.
1/2 cup hot water
1/3 cup oatmeal
2 tbsp plain yogurt
2 tbsp honey
1 small egg white.
- Add the oatmeal to the hot water and mix well.
- Leave the oatmeal mixture to rest for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the yogurt, honey and egg white to the oatmeal mixture and mix well.
- Apply the mask to your face and leave it on for about 10 -15 minutes before washing your face.
*The oatmeal can clog your sink so please be mindful and use a strainer in your sink to avoid any blockage.
7. Exfoliating Brown Sugar Scrub Mask
This brown sugar mask is excellent for sensitive skin because the sugar is softer than regular sugar. It works as an exfoliator on your face and is strong enough to get rid of dead skin cells while the coconut oil acts as a moisturizer to give you glowing skin.
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Apply the mask to your face with circular motions.
- Leave the mask on for about 10 minutes before washing off.
8. Oatmeal Mask to Reduce Redness
Oatmeal is used as a natural exfoliator that is gentle for sensitive skin and works great to soothe your skin from sunburns, etc. Honey works as anti-bacterial properties that help to relieve inflamed skin. The oatmeal will helps to rub off the dead skin from your face while the honey eliminates bacteria. Honey and oatmeal will give your skin a smooth feel. Banana will help to control the amount of oil on your skin and hydrate your skin.
2 tbsp oatmeal
1 tsp honey
- Peel the banana and mash it with a fork into a smooth texture.
- Add the honey and oatmeal to the banana and mix well.
- Apply the oatmeal mask to your face and leave it on your face for about 15 minutes or until it dries before washing off with lukewarm water.
9. Mayonnaise Face Mask
Mayonnaise is one of the best natural things to hydrate your skin, and it also preserves moisture in your dry skin cells.
Whole-egg mayonnaise (you might have this in your refrigerator)
- Apply a generous amount of whole egg mayonnaise to your face.
- Leave the mayonnaise on your face for about 20 minutes
- Remove the mayonnaise by wiping off as much as you can before washing your face with lukewarm water.
- If you have a dog and if your dog is anything like our little Yorkie – he/she will try to lick the mayonnaise off your face so be careful of how close you get to oyur dog :-)
10. Milk, Honey, and Nutmeg Mask Fights Blemishes
This mask does wonders for acne-prone skin. Honey is a natural agent that kills bacteria which helps to prevent breakouts. The nutmeg works as a gentle exfoliator for sensitive skin.
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp nutmeg
2 tsp milk
- Mix the honey, nutmeg, and milk in a bowl.
- Apply the mask to your face.
- Leave the mask on your face for about 15 minutes before washing off.
11. Yogurt Face Masks
The yogurt mask will help to tighten your pores/skin and cleanse your skin while revitalizing your skin to feel baby soft.
1 tsp yogurt
Juice and pulp from 1/4 slice of an orange = 2 tsp orange juice
1 tsp aloe
- Mix the yogurt, aloe, and orange juice.
- Apply the yogurt mask to your face.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes or until it dries a little before washing it off.
12. Anti-Aging Chocolate Mask
Dark chocolate tastes great and is something I love to eat because I do not feel bad eating it since it contains antioxidants. Did you know that dark chocolate is fantastic on your skin when applied topically? Dark chocolate has anti-aging properties that help to produce collagen.
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3 tbsp oatmeal
4 tbsp coconut cream or plain yogurt
1/4 cup honey
- Combine cocoa powder, honey, coconut cream/yogurt and oatmeal in a bowl and mix well.
- Apply the chocolate mask to your face.
- Leave the mask on your face for about 10 minutes before washing the mask off of your face.
- I tend to eat the leftover face mask because it is so delicious so do not hesistate to try some.
13. Mustard Facial Masks
Mustard is a great fighting agent against acne and will soothe and stimulate your skin. Everyone’s skin reacts differently to mustard so please be sure to test a small area with the mustard before applying to your entire face. Mustard can irritate some peoples face.
- Apply the mustard to your face.
- Leave it on your face until it dries before washing your face.
14. Egg Face Masks
Egg face mask will help with dry skin by moisturizing it. The yolk is good for dry skin, and the egg white is good for oily skin while the entire egg is suitable for normal skin.
1 egg yolk
- Separate the yolk from the egg white.
- Beat the yolk.
- to which a bit of lemon or honey can be added
- Apply the beaten egg to your face.
- Leave it on your face for about 20 minutes before washing your face.
15. Lemon Face Masks
Lemon face mask exfoliates and moisturizes your skin while also reduces acne, blemishes, dark spots, and oily skin. The lemon juice will also tighten your pores, boosts your collagen production and promotes your skin elasticity.
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup olive oil
- Mix the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture to your face; it can be messy.
- Leave mask on your face for about 15 minutes before washing off.