High cholesterol is most often caused by having an unhealthy lifestyle consisting of little to no exercise and eating food with saturated fat. High cholesterol can also be genetic, and you can also get it from drinking too much alcohol, smoking, being obese, having kidney or liver disease, high blood pressure and diabetes. I hope you enjoy our list of easy, natural home remedies to lower high cholesterol naturally. Some of the below treatments worked for my family.
High cholesterol can lead to fatal problems with your health.
Cholesterol is hereditary in my family, so everyone has to be mindful of how much of cholesterol-filled food they eat, even the kids in our family. Below are a comprised list of many natural remedies you can use to help lower your cholesterol naturally.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar, Ginger, Lemon, Garlic & Honey
The below recipe is a natural remedy that helps you to reduce your cholesterol level. The mixture slows down the oxidation of cholesterol and increases the HDL (good) cholesterol while it thins the blood, increases your stamina and prevents blockage in the blood vessels as well as slowing down the arteries from hardening.
It basically burns/reduces the cholesterol in your body while improving your blood circulation.
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup garlic juice
- 1 cup ginger juice – I make fresh ginger juice, but I see that you can also purchase ginger juice. I am not sure how well store-bought ginger juice will work.
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar with mother
- honey to taste
- Mix the lemon juice, garlic juice and ginger juice in a pot and boil until reduced to 1/3 of the amount it was.
- Strain the mixture
- Add the apple cider vinegar with mother to the mixture
- Add honey to taste
How much to drink:
- Add three teaspoons(15ml) of the mixture in a glass of water and drink on an empty stomach every morning.
- You can also mix one tablespoon of the mixture in a glass/cup and drink it 30 minutes before every meal, three times a day.
- Do not eat or drink anything for 30 minutes after consuming the mixture.
2. Red Onions
Red onions can help you lower your chance of getting heart disease. Scientists in Hong Kong did a study that showed that red onions contribute to reducing our bad cholesterol and increase our good cholesterol.
Onions are not the ideal thing you might be thinking of drinking, but it is worth a try if your health is in danger.
- Mix one teaspoon of onion juice with honey to taste and drink the mixture once a day.
Grind, pulse or do what you can to make your red onion into onion juice.
- Finely chop one small red onion and mix it with one cup buttermilk and a pinch of pepper. Drink this mixture once per day. Adding ginger and garlic to this mixture will be beneficial, but it is hard to drink it because it does not taste good.
3. Pure or Sterol Fortified Orange Juice
Make your own freshly squeezed orange juice every day because it is rich in vitamin C, flavonoids, and folate which can help reduce your cholesterol naturally. Orange juice that contains sterols also helps lower cholesterol.
According to studies, consuming just 3 grams of phytosterols a day can potentially lower your total cholesterol by up to 11% and your LDL by up to 15%.
Drink three cups of fresh orange juice or two cups of orange juice fortified with sterol every day.
The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition did a study that shows drinking 750 mL of fresh/pure orange juice every day can increase your HDL cholesterol and triglycerides. It can also lower hypercholesterolemic patients LDL/HDL ratio.
Easy Natural Home Remedies to Lower High Cholesterol Naturally
4. Increase Your Magnesium
Magnesium acts as a natural statin where it limits the production of cholesterol so that it can carry out necessary functions but it does not allow cholesterol to produce in excess. Low amounts of magnesium in your body will increase your bad cholesterol.
Drink magnesium capsules/tablets or eat food that is rich in magnesium.
5. Coriander Seeds
According to research, coriander seed helps to lower your total cholesterol level, LDL, and triglycerides and helps with diabetes also. I am not sure if coriander and cilantro are the same things because I read a lot of articles and they contradict each other.
- Put one cup of water and two teaspoons of ground coriander into a pot.
- Boil the contents in the pot for about 5 minutes.
- Strain and drink one to two times a day.
- You can add honey to taste.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar With Mother
Apple cider vinegar With Mother is popular today because it is used for many different things. Some of those things include weight loss, high blood pressure, acid reflux, upper respiratory infections, reduce the risk of heart disease, etc.
- Mix one to two teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar to one cup of water, orange juice or apple juice.
- Drink that mixture two to three-time a day for about a month.
7. Indian Gooseberry
Indian gooseberry promotes the reduction of lipid concentrations in the serum because it acts as a natural hypolipidemic agent.
The International Journal of Medical Research & Health Sciences published a study that gooseberry has antihyperlipidemic, anti-atherogenic, and hypolipidemic effects.
- Mix one teaspoon of Indian gooseberry powder in a cup of warm water.
- Drink the mixture on an empty stomach in the morning.
Eat food rich in vitamin C – orange, grapefruit, lemon, lime, kiwi, papaya, strawberries, pineapple, cantaloupe,
sweet bell pepper, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, kale
8. Vitamin K2 Helps With Heart Disease
Vitamin K2 helps to lower your serum cholesterol while reducing atherosclerosis which is plaque accumulation in the arteries where artery gets narrower and hardens. The plaque is calcium deposits of calcium along with fatty substances and scar tissue that cause the arteries to harden. The arteries will either clogged partially or be blocked if the plaque continues to build up.
- Vitamin K2 helps calcium get absorbed in your bones and not your muscles or arteries and helps vitamin D get absorbed as well.
- Vitamin K2 helps to restore the flexibility of your artery after it removes the calcium buildup in the arteries.
- Vitamin K2 can be found food items: goose liver pate, hard cheeses, soft cheeses, egg yolk, butter and chicken liver.
- K2 supplement
I hope you like our article on easy, natural home remedies to lower high cholesterol naturally. Please share your health remedies with us and do tell us if any of the above remedies work for you.
Please keep in mind that these natural treatments might not work for everyone because everyone is different.
~ DO NOT FORGET TO SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY ~