Growing long, strong nails naturally in 10 Days is not difficult once you stop the bad habits you might have. There are several steps to achieving long, strong nails in 10 Days. I know numerous people who like to bite their nails, which is a big no-no for many reasons, including germs.
Many rumors are going around that you can grow your nails within an hour, but it is not true. Most people will see a difference in their nail growth/nail size/nail thickness in about two to four days.
Grow Long Strong Nails Naturally Starting Today
- Limiting how often you wear acrylic and gel nails.
- Stop nail-biting.
- Stop peeling off your nail polish.
- Apply base coats and topcoat nail polish.
- Stop using your nails as tools.
- File your nails in one direction.
- Trim your cuticles.
- Use nail strengthening cream.
- Start intaking Vitamins A, C, H, and B9 in your diet.
1. Acrylic and Gels – Major No-No
Your nails will become dry, brittle, and will not grow as quickly as you think, so stop wearing acrylic nails and gel nails. I know it will be hard for many people to stop wearing acrylic and gel nails, so try alternating. Wear your acrylics or gel and then take a break and repeat; it will give your nail a chance to breathe as to speak.
Removing gel nail polish from your nails will weaken your nail bed because the manicurist will most likely have to scrub your nails with a metal tool to remove the gel residue.
Give your nails the gel finish look without applying gel nail polish.
2. Stop Nail-biting for Longer Nails
Biting your nails is not healthy because it can cause infection in your hands and mouth. People tend to bite their nails when they are bored, nervous, and stressed. Biting your nails for various reasons sometimes becomes a habit that is hard to stop.
- Avoid biting your nails or skin around your nail by regularly grooming them to keep your nails neat.
- Put your favorite color or design on your nail because that might help you biting your nail since you like the color/design.
- Use a nail clipper to trim the skin around your nail bed and trim your nail, so there will be less temptation to bite your nails or skin. People also bit their skin and nails when they have dry or loose skin around their nail beds. Biting the skin around your nail will also weaken your nail.
- Chew gum when you feel like you are becoming bored.
- Apply a nail polish that has a taste to deter nail-biting habits. I was amazed that there is nail polish to stop nail-biting.
3. Stop Peeling Off Your Nail Polish
Peeling off nail polish or picking at nail polish will weaken your nail. You weaken your nail because you are also removing your top layer from your nail bed while peeling the nail polish off.
TIP: Carry a pre-moistened nail polish remover pad/packets so that you can easily remove your nail polish when the needs arrive instead of picking/peeling off your nail polish.
4. Do You Skip Base Coats and Top Coats?
We all have skipped putting on the base coat, topcoat, or both at some point in our lives. The base coat nail polish helps your nail polish adhere to your nails, resulting in your nails being chipless.
- The base coat makes your manicure last longer.
- Base coats prevent polish from staining your nails.
- Some base coats help to repair nail issues such as brittle nails, etc.
- Basecoat provides a smooth base for nail polish to spread evenly.
- An effective topcoat can make nails look expensive.
- Topcoat nail polish adds a high gloss and shines to nail polish.
- Topcoat nail polish protects your nail polish from rubbing off.
- Topcoat nail polish helps nails to look fresh longer.
- Topcoat nail polish hides minor flaws, dents, fingerprints, and smudges.
5. Do Not Use Your Nails as Tools!!!
Using your fingernails as tools (peeling labels, scraping things, opening a key ring, etc.) can damage your nails. Many of us do these things without realizing that we are doing them. We have to be conscious of what we do if we want to grow strong long nails naturally at home in a week. Stop using your fingernails as tools and use real tools.
Try carrying a metal nail file and paper clip with you so you can use them as a tool instead of your nails.
6. File your Nails Correctly
Growing healthy long, strong nails in 10 days need a firm base and clean nails. You will need to file your nails regularly and trim your cuticles.
It is best to file your nails by starting from the outside edge, working your way to the middle. DO NOT file your nail in a back and forth motion repetitively as it will weaken your nails.
TIP: Carry a nail file with you always so you can file your nail if it breaks or snags, and it will ease your temptation from ripping your nail.
Grow long, strong nails naturally in 10 days
7. How to Care for your Nail Cuticles
Soak your nails in warm water for about five minutes, four times a week to help loosen your cuticles. You can put cuticle remover on your cuticles and push the dead skin back, or you can trim them.
Keep your cuticles and hand moisturized throughout the day because moisturizing your cuticles will help prevent hangnails and help keep your nails from breaking.
TIP: It is beneficial to soak your hands for about 10 minutes every night in a mixture of coconut oil and water. Wash your hands with cold water after.
Also, massage your cuticles for about 20 seconds every night before bed to improve your blood circulation around your nail bed.
8. Nail Strengthening Creams Works!
You can apply several nail strengthening treatments to your nail once your nails are shaped and cuticles are trimmed. To get the fastest and best results requires the use of nail strengthening serum, which is expensive. It is best for individuals on a budget to use nail strengthening creams every morning and every night. Nail strengthening polish is another alternative that also works and helps to keep your nails from chipping.
9. Vitamins for Nail Growth
Vitamin H is also known as Biotin
- Vitamin H promotes nail, hair, and skin strength and growth. You can take biotin supplements or eat foods that are rich in Biotin.
- Eggs, almonds (nuts, legumes), whole grains, milk, mushrooms, spinach, bananas, meats, salmon, cauliflower avocado, and sweet potatoes are excellent sources of Biotin.
Vitamin B9 is also known as Folic Acid
- Vitamin B9 helps keep your red blood cells healthy and prevent your nerve cells from getting damaged.
- You cannot intake too much Vitamin B9/folic acid because your body excretes what you do not need.
- Fruits (melons, bananas), fish, juices (tomato juice), red meat, dark leafy green vegetables (spinach, broccoli), dried beans, cheese, peas, mushrooms, asparagus, and fortified soy products are foods rich in folic acid.
Vitamin A is also useful for nail growth and can be found in eggs, sweet potatoes, carrots, butter, squash, leafy greens (kales, spinach, broccoli), and 3 ounces beef liver.
Most people know that Vitamin C helps us with our immune health and is excellent for the cold season.
- Kale, pineapple, black currant, oranges, kiwi, strawberries, guava, papaya, and bell peppers have a high amount of vitamin C and help with nail strengthening and growth.
TIP: Prenatal vitamins will cause digestive issues, so do not take them to grow your nails longer and faster, although it is rumored to help grow nails more quickly.