Acrylic nails lift for many reasons, and it can be frustrating especially when it snags on our clothes and other things. I did not know that our acrylic nails can lift because of something the manicurist/technician did wrong. Below are some reasons why acrylic nails lift.
Reasons Why Acrylic Nails Lift
- Acrylic might be too dry. The correct ratio (liquid to powder) is essential.
- Might have forgotten to use a primer and/or dehydrator.
- Your nail technician or you might not have removed all of the shine or oil from your cuticle and nail bed/plate.
10 ACRYLIC NAIL HACKS TO MAKE EVERYDAY EASIER
- Might not have sealed the sides down enough or forgot to pat the acrylic down.
- You might have forgotten to wash your hands with warm soapy water, or your nail technician might have forgotten to wash his/her hands with warm soapy water.
- Might not have dusted well.
HACKS TO PREVENT ACRYLIC NAILS FROM LIFTING
- Might have forgotten to remove all acrylic from your cuticle area. Cleaning your cuticle area after having acrylics put on can be a concern if you want your nails to last until your next fill-in.
- Might not have removed all polish from the nail bed. We need all nail polish and oils from your hands and especially your nails to be removed.
- You or technician might not have blended the acrylic against the natural nail.
REMOVE FAKE ACRYLIC NAILS EASILY AT HOME WITH LITTLE TO NO PAIN
- You or manicurist might not have removed all the cuticle from the nail plate and cuticle area which is crucial to having your acrylics stay in place.
Pay attention when you’re getting your nails done because you can correct your technician if he or she misses a step or does not do something right. You are paying for a job well done and should take every step necessary to get what you paid. No one likes to pay again a few days later to have their nails repair.
Please share our page so people can take precautions when getting their acrylics done.