I love to have the option that I can remove gel manicure at home because I do not have to go to the nail salon and waste money and time. Imagine having a long day at work or just a long day in general and need your gel manicure off but have no time to go to the nail salon. You can comfortably sit at home relaxing while taking off your gel manicure. Below are two ways on how do you take off gel nails with acetone at home. It is true that you can safely remove gel nail polish in the comfort of your home – read our article on How do you take off gel nails at home with acetone?
How Do You Take Off Gel Nails at Home With Acetone?
- Petroleum Jelly
- 10 Cotton Balls
- 10 Pieces of Aluminum Foil – cut the foil into pieces large enough to wrap around your fingers and cotton ball.
- Nail oil or cream/lotion – Petroleum jelly/vaseline will also work.
- Nail File
- Pure Acetone
- Orange Stick or Cuticle Stick
- Remove the shiny top coat of nail polish by filing or buffing it off with your nail file.
– The top coat of nail polish keeps your color nail polish from chipping.
– Your nails should have the appearance of a matte or rough look.
– Please DO NOT file or buff your color nail polish off because you might damage your real nail.
- Apply petroleum jelly to the skin and cuticle around your fingernails which will help protect your skin from getting damaged by the acetone.
- Soak the cotton ball generously in acetone and place over the nail completely.
The acetone soaked cotton ball will help the gel nail polish to peel/flake off easily.
- Wrap the aluminum foil over the acetone cotton ball on your nail and make sure the foil is sealed and covering the cotton ball completely.
The aluminum foils help to keep the cotton ball from drying out.
- Wait for 30-40 minutes before removing ONE aluminum and cotton ball to check and see if gel nail polish can easily come off.
Use the orange stick to push the edge of your nail polish off gently, but if the nail polish is not moving easily, PLEASE RESOAK the cotton ball, repeat the process and wait for an additional 10 minutes.
DO NOT USE FORCE TO REMOVE GEL NAIL POLISH BECAUSE YOU CAN DAMAGE YOUR REAL NAIL.
- Use acetone to remove any remaining nail polish.
- Wash your hands thoroughly to remove the acetone.
- Apply lotion, cream, vaseline or oil to your hands while paying close attention to your cuticles.
How Do You Take Off Gel Nails With Acetone?
- 100% Pure Acetone
- Nail File or Buffer
- 2 Bowl – one bowl should fit into the larger bowl
- Lotion, Cream, Vaseline, Nail Oil
- Orange Stick or Cuticle Stick
- Paper towel to wipe hand
- Use your nail file or buffer to buff or file away the top coat of your nail polish. Your gel nail polish should look matte or rough.
- Fill the larger bowl with warm water.
Please make sure the water is not hot because acetone is highly flammable.
- Place the smaller bowl in the larger bowl.
- Fill the smaller bowl with pure acetone that will cover your fingernails.
- Leave the acetone filled bowl in the warm water bowl for about five minutes so that the acetone can get warm.
- Rub or apply petroleum jelly around the skin of your fingernails to protect it from drying out.
- Place your fingers in the acetone filled bowl IF it has been five minutes since you place the acetone fill bowl in the warm water bowl.
- Soak your gel nails in the acetone for about 15 minutes or until the gel nail polish can easily be taken off.
- Use your orange stick or cuticle stick to push the gel nail polish off of your nail.
RESOAK your nail of the gel nail polish cannot easily be taken off.
- Use acetone to remove any access nail polish off of your nails.
- Wash your hands thoroughly to remove the acetone and pamper your hands, especially around your nails with lotion, cream or Vaseline/Petroleum jelly.
Above are the two easiest ways we found on How do you take off gel nails at home with acetone?